Home About Me My Classroom Freebies Instagram Pinterest BlogLovin Email Image Map

Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Reasons Today Rocked

Say it with me: Scholastic Book Order.

I have a problem….and it's name is bonus points.  I love Scholastic.  I love getting points when my students (and I) buy books from Scholastic.  I love using said points to get MORE books.  I love the free coupons I got for being a first year teacher.  So, I went hard on my order in November.  I am SO PROUD of all I got for the price!



68 books.  Yes, you read that right.  I had a strategy.  I wanted to get a lot of non-fiction books for our current Reader's Workshop unit and I wanted to get a lot of good character books for our unit we will start in January.  So I made a wish list of the best non-fiction and characters books I could find.  I narrowed it down to an amount I was willing to spend and picked out the books I wanted most.  Then, I earned Holiday cash which earned me more books.  I also had 4 coupons for free $5 books.  Finally, I used bonus points.  I ended up getting everything on my wish list!!  Incredible.  Not to mention I earned back almost all the bonus points I spent when I bought more books!

My firsties were beyond excited when they came in and saw all of the new books!!

Tell me I'm not the only person obsessed with Scholastic.  Who else is with me?

Happy Tuesday,
Shelby

1 comment:

  1. Girl, I wish my kiddies would order more so I could hoard points!!!

    ReplyDelete