Home About Me My Classroom Freebies Instagram Pinterest BlogLovin Email Image Map

Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Christmas in Kansas City

Hey there friends!

I'm linking up with Michelle from Fabulous in First for today's Christmas questionnaire! Click the cute graphic below to link up :)



Hot Chocolate or Egg Nog?
Hot chocolate all the way!  Egg nog makes me want to gag - YUCK!  I'm not a coffee drinker so hot chocolate is my warm drink of choice :)

Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?
Santa wrapped them at my house when I was growing up!  Santa was actually a very organized man and each one of us had our own wrapping paper.  It was always easy to identify Santa's presents because you knew which paper was yours :)

Colored lights or white?
Growing up, we always had colored lights.  I much prefer white - I think they are classic and beautiful!

When do you decorate?
I absolutely hate overlooking Thanksgiving (my favorite holiday) so I can't decorate until after.  Usually it takes me a couple of days to get over the Thanksgiving craziness and decorate!

Real or Fake Tree?
Fake allll the way.  Real trees seem like such a hassle!  Right now, my tree isn't pre-lit but I'd love to get one.  It seems even easier to manage.

What Tops Your Tree?
An angel.  My Grammy always had a star on her tree and we always had an angel growing up, but I think I like stars a little more (oops!  Sorry angels!)

Favorite Christmas Memories or Traditions?
I always loved waking up early and waiting impatiently with my brother until it was a decent hour for us to wake our parents and sister!  We always go see the Christmas lights on the Plaza in Kansas City and I love that!

Do you remember your favorite gift as a child?
I don't.  I do remember begging for the board game Don't Wake Daddy and bawling my eyes out when the toy dad jumped up in the bed.  Haha!  I was such a strange child.

Do you prefer giving or receiving?
Giving all the way.  I loooove to see someone's face when I give them a gift.  Such a great feeling!

What is your favorite Christmas song?
I have several I like.  My ultimate favorite has to be Baby, It's Cold Outside.

Candy Canes.  Yuck or Yum?
YUM.  I especially love the white chocolate Hershey's Kisses with crunched up candy canes in them.  Delish!

Favorite Christmas Movie?
A Christmas Story.

Do you shop online or at stores?
This year, online all the way!  I don't know why it took me so long to do this.  Online Christmas shopping is way easier.  Plus, who doesn't love to see a package on their steps when they get home from work?!

Photo Cards, Letter, or Store Bought Card?
As long as they aren't accompanied by a bragging letter, I could care less.  Haha!  But in all seriousness, photo cards.  I love to see the pictures.

Hope you enjoyed reading!  Comment if you had any of the same thoughts :)

Merry Christmas,
Shelby

2 comments:

  1. I agree about the bragging letters! HA. Thanks so much for linking up! Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blog hoppin' today. We have a "cold" day here in Wisconsin. Love bragging letters. Fun to always catch up with loved ones. Cute blog! I teach science K-5 and have some fun science posts for first grade. Happy New Year.

    Renee at the Science School Yard

    ReplyDelete