Home About Me My Classroom Freebies Instagram Pinterest BlogLovin Email Image Map

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

A Whole Lotta Nothing!

So…it's been awhile.  I got shingles.  And I missed some school.  And I basically spent 5 days watching Grey's Anatomy, writing sub plans & praying-to-God that my kids wouldn't be setting my room ablaze.  When I finally got back to school, I was up to my elbows in papers and grades.  I spent the weekend getting caught up and I finally feel like I'm back to my usual prepared self.

So I have some random things for you.  A sort of update on my life:

First, here's a top/necklace shot:





Top: Express, Necklace: Francesca's (no longer available)

This was inspired by MK of Outfit Posts (she's fabulous - go stalk her immediately).  I loved how she played with a top and necklace of similar colors.  I own an obscene amount of cobalt blue so that was my go-to.

We also did a fun reading/writing activity two weeks ago.  And by we, I mean my students and the substitute teacher (bless her!).  We are focusing on characters in Reader's Workshop and opinion writing in Writer's Workshop right now so this was perfect!  I had all the kiddos pick their favorite character and then I made some outlines so all they would have to do was color them:


If you can't tell, these beauties are Pigeon, Moose (from Z is for Moose) and Froggy.  We had a wiiiiiide range of favorite characters also including Arthur, Skippyjon Jones, Pete the Cat, Junie B. Jones, etc.  NONE of my firsties picked Llama Llama (can you believe it?!) so I picked him and (luckily) created this model the day before I got sick.


I wish I had taken pictures of the kiddos' work - they are hanging on the bulletin board in our hallway!

We also celebrated the 100th day yesterday!  My team & I are very tight so we decided to have 4 different activities for the 100th day and have the students rotate by class to each room.  So I taught the same lesson 4 times to all the classes.  We did a writing activity about what we would be like when we're 100 years old.


They. Loved. It.  We had a nice talk about things that happen when you're 100 and they had some HILARIOUS ideas for what they would be like.  These included things like: being retired, having no teeth, sewing, gardening, being the head coach of the Kansas City Chiefs, having their own house and have a walker.  Soo precious!  I especially loved some of the details in their drawings.

What are YOU doing for the 100th day?


3 comments:

  1. Glad you are finally feeling better!! Can you teach my kids ( in like 10 years from now)? You're so creative with everything!
    www.amemoryofus.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! I had shingles when I was 21 and it was AWFUL!!! I'm so sorry! I hope that you are feeling much better and I hope that your class was well-behaved for their sub! I must say that watching Grey's Anatomy for five days sounds glorious! Love that show!

    -Alisha
    Missing Tooth Grins

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stumbled across your blog, looking for teachers close to the KC area.

    ReplyDelete